Tuesday, July 17, 2007

THE REGULATORS

This is a random entry, but I feel like it's quite necessary. This has been bottling up inside me for a while now, and I've kept quiet but I cannot be silenced any longer. I truly feel like the only way to make changes happen, is if people acknowledge that something is not right. I pray that by writing this, the common folk will ban together and try and rid the US of this injustice.

I have had enough of bathroom attendants.

I first noticed them a few years ago at ballparks and special events in order to maintain the cleanliness of the bathrooms. Now they are everywhere, clubs, airports, parks, bars. It wont be long before they invade the easy-does it porto johns. Or even worse, Thai restaurants.

Using the restroom should be a private time, and in today's hectic society there isn't much of this personal time left. Therefore when given the opportunity, we should take full advantage. Let it flow. Having someone ready with a paper towel in their hand and listening to your every shit dropping is (there's no other way to say this) it's just not cool.

When did we, as a country become so lazy that we cannot tear the paper towels or pump the soap dispenser for ourselves? Have we de-evolved so much that we can no longer use the restroom without assistance? Public restrooms are no pleasure to begin with. Now, we can no longer piss without being judged. If only we can learn to clean up after ourselves, there would be no longer a need for the restroom regulation.

I wonder what really goes on in the mind of a bathroom attendant, as they fake smile and hope for a tip, all the while hating that they spend 8 hours a day surrounded by human waste. Anytime I'm really hating my tables, I will try hard to remember that at least I am only handling people's food.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellis Johnson said...

Great post. That really does put things into perspective.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Mirage
Mirage