Tuesday, June 12, 2007

NOT A FAN

I went to the Yankees game this Saturday (Roger Clemens return to the team). I'd never been to a game, but everyone seems to think the Yankees are the coolest thing ever. I don't really agree, (considering Jeter is currently doing Avon commercials), but I figured it would be fun to go.

My friends and I had bleacher tickets, and therefore we were seated at the end of the outfield. This I did not mind. For 12$ there were definitely some perks to looking at the Yankees from that angle. I had two things I wanted in my hand the moment I sat down; A beer and a hot dog. I got my Nathan's hot dog(for 4.75$!) however, I learned they don't sell beer in the bleacher seats. What kind of bullshit was that? Apperently they stopped this because us poor people get too rowdy when we drink.

Halfway through the game my friend Bryn got up to get a pretzel, and returned a few moments later pretzel-less with some wild story about some old man who wanted to fight her over her place in the pretzel line. I told her not to feel bad I had already been yelled at by the police because after my ass fell asleep, I stood up for a moment to stretch.

After the mostly uneventful game some wonderful drunk fan (obviously sitting in the non-bleacher seats) pulled the E-Brake on the subway, bringing it to a screeching halt. We sat for 30 minutes, too packed to move or sit down while we waited for the MTA officials to check each of the carriages. It was hot, I was sober and knew exactly how Elaine felt on Seinfeld.

So I've decided that next time, I'm getting Met's tickets. The hell with the Yankees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Mirage
Mirage