Saturday, June 23, 2007

NOT THE RUM!

It's amazing that ten minutes back in New York can destroy the relaxed, stress-free feeling I had during the weeks I spent in Jamaica.

I had tucked a bottle of alcohol into my suitcase. I mean, you can't go to the Caribbean without bringing some of their finest rum back with you. It's sacrilegious. So, to insure it's survival I had wrapped it in a towel, and I'm not talking a little bath towel. I don't take chances like that. This was a big-ass beach towel that was cradling the bottle like a little baby. Of course I would much rather have put it in my carry on luggage but because of the no liquids rule, that just wasn't possible.

When I picked up my suitcase in the airport I had a bad feeling. It had made it through the first stop-over but leave it to LaGuardia to ruin everything. When I opened my suitcase there was rum everywhere. I wasn't the only one this happened to, the entire baggage claim smelled like a biker bar. If I didn't know better I'd think the people who handle the luggage had some sort of bet going with each other. "Hey, 20 bucks says I can take out more rum bottles than you!"

1 Comments:

Blogger INNER VOICES said...

ouch, i lost some rum in the same manner when i came back from Bon Air, (island off the coast of so. america), it was wrapped so well i could have chucked it off a building. alas it was broken. hmmm... i think you might be on to something...

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Mirage
Mirage