Sunday, September 02, 2007

WITHOUT WARNING


I've been in Hawaii.


That is my excuse for the lack of postings and I think it's a pretty damn good one. Although, I probably could have hooked the laptop up in the hotel room, seeing that I was in a tropical paradise, I just didn't feel like it. I stayed on Oahu, but visited the island of Kauai. Oahu was loaded with tourists, so naturally I preferred Kauai. We rented a convertible and took off looking for waterfalls, beautiful beaches, and hot surfers.


I met Dog the bounty hunter (don't ask). I went skydiving over the mountains, visited the grand canyon of the pacific, went surfing, hiking, drinking and ate way too much food. Life was good. Flying back into New York was like returning to hell. I received a message from a co-worker while I was away that the restaurant would be closing for 2 weeks in order to fix some issues in the kitchen. (Awesome timing). I move into a new apartment this month, just spent too much money on vacation, and now I am out of a job. I don't think I will be returning to the restaurant after the closing period. It doesn't seem right that they can close just like that, without warning.

It often seems that OSHA forgot all about the restaurant industry......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Mirage
Mirage