Thursday, October 26, 2006

WALLS AND FENCES

People are always trying to put up walls within themselves, between each other, and even between nations.

So today when I was reading the top news story, I couldn't help but laugh a little. George Bush is approving of a bill that would allow the US to build a FENCE across the border of Mexico.

I could just hear the common lingo being changed. Girlfriend says to boyfriend, "Why are you acting that way? Your putting a fence between us!"

As I read on... I found the real kicker. It is only being built a third of the way across. Apperantly George thought he had the Mexicans fooled. Right, because they would never think to go around the fence.

It also reminded me of my childhood when we didn't want to go around the fence, we'd do the next best thing: we'd jump it. (This puts a picture of illegal immigrants running with really long sticks and catapaulting themselves over the fence of freedom.) As kids, part of the reason why we would choose to "jump" the fence was simply because it pissed the nosey neighbor off. The US has become that nosey neighbor, making everyone else's business their business. With this new fence idea, George has just dubbed himself the new Wilson. He always has the best advice for his neighbors, yet they'll never see his face.

Well, here's my advice to George:
If your going to build a barrier, like the ones in China and Berlin, they both built a wall. Not a fucking fence.

1 Comments:

Blogger SkippyMom said...

Great post! Made me laugh out loud "They built a wall not a fucking fence" Bush is such a boob...

Love the site, just found you and will continue to read.

Thanks!

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Mirage
Mirage