Thursday, October 19, 2006

ALL BUSINESS

It was late afternoon at the restaurant where I work, when at a young man came in. He was nicely dressed, and somewhat good looking. He had something tucked under his arm, but I couldn't tell what, and was frantically looking around the restaurant like a little lost puppy.

"Can I help you sir?"

"Yes, I'm meeting someone here." He was nervous, like first-date nervous. "Maybe she came in already. She's tall and thin with jet black long hair." Quite the description, I thought as I watched his expressions change from nervous to hopeful as he spoke of her. "Has she come in yet?"

"Not yet, but if you would like to have a seat I will show her where you are the moment she comes in."

"Well, alright. Her name is Lydia, if that helps," he added as I showed him to his table.

After about ten minutes later, Lydia came in, and she too was carrying something. It took me a moment to realize she was the same person he had spoke of. Although she was very attractive she was not what I had expected after the young man had put her up on a pedestal. Her hair was medium length and brown, not a stunning jet black. She was average height and build and did not seem at all nervous to be here.

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah, I'm meeting this guy I work with."

"Right this way." I chuckled to myself as I showed her where her admirer was seated. She sat down and immediately opened her briefcase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Mirage
Mirage